The body undergoes huge change during pregnancy and childbirth. Postnatal yoga focuses on bringing structural integrity back to your body, helping to realign the spine and pelvis. Common problems, such as back pain are relieved, and you will also learn breath awareness and relaxation techniques, which help to increase energy levels.
The classes include work to strengthen and tone the pelvic floor and the core muscle groups, not just pertinent to new mums but all women post birth.
Shoulder and back release. This will happen within a balanced practice framework including postures, breath work, relaxation and meditations.
Most babies love yoga. Having you sit still at their level is a joy in itself for them. They benefit from the mood and atmosphere of the practice.
These classes give you a wonderful opportunity to practise yoga with your baby. Some of the benefits you’ll notice include:
- improves your strength, posture and fitness
- increases your energy levels
- relieves common postnatal problems (‘feeding hunch’, neck pain, hip/back pain, etc
- strengthens weak pelvic floor muscles & tones abdomen
- recharges your batteries
- gives you confidence, learning new ways of handling your baby.